A star was born! Or should I say, 23 stars were born!
After weeks of learning, crafting, creating, writing, choreographing and rehearsing, Autahi performed their Art Celebration piece over two evenings this week.
A big experience like the Art celebration requires time to reflect on the highlights, the challenges, and the learning opportunities. Autahi were keen to share their reflections with us!
![]() |
| "I am a star so twinkly and bright..." |
Getting up and performing in front of a 'Tautoru-full' audience was a new experience for some of Autahi. One person shared that: "at first it was a bit scary having such a big audience, but it was fine in the end".
![]() |
| The grand finale! |
Most of Autahi were in agreeance that their favourite part of the whole experience was the opportunity to dance and sing! Most of you will know by now that this years Autahi cohort are a particularly musical bunch! It's no surprise then to hear...
- "I enjoyed making up the moves ourselves"
- "I enjoyed doing the jumps and twirls"
- "I enjoyed adding the actions to the songs we sang"
- "We had to learn a new song five days! But it was easy"
- "The dancing was my highlight - it was so easy and not scary!"
What a pleasure it was to share this Art Celebration experience with your tamariki. Hold onto these early memories! It’s going to be so special watching how their confidence and creativity grow in future Art Celebrations as they move up through the school.



No comments:
Post a Comment