Wednesday 29 November 2017

Year 4 Buddies


We have been trialling a year 4/new entrant buddy system.  This is the idea of Tuakana/Teina.  Some of us are lucky to have our big siblings at school, but some of us don't.  With our buddies it's like we do have a big brother or sister. We have had year 4 buddies on a Wednesday afternoon.  Some of us have been going down to the seniors and been working through some collaborative art, buddy reading and fitness plans together.  Others of us have been working with our buddies during Rising 5s in Autahi.  It's been really nice having a buddy to work with us and so we know some of the big kids in the playground.  


















Here's what some of the kids in Autahi have to say about having big buddies:

"I like reading in the library with my senior buddy and she is my sister!"--Alfred

"It's cool having a big buddy.  I like building the puzzle with my big buddy. It's nice to see my buddy not at Rising 5s time, but at the playground." --Vera

"I like reading books with my big buddies.  My buddy made me a rainbow picture and I made one too."--Olive



No comments:

Post a Comment